Hunting / Game Feeders
5 Tips to remember when hunting over feeders
1. Upon arrival at the ranch, I like to check the function of my feeders immediately, before going to the hunting stand. It is very common to discover a relatively simple problem that is easily remedied before a spoiled hunt.
2. I like to set my deer feeder timer to trigger 30 minutes before sunrise and 90 minutes before sunset. Doing so lets you take advantage of legal whitetail hunting time in the a.m. and allows for a quality deer hunt during the evening. I have experimented with other times such as 10:00 a.m. or noon but it seemed to draw in more turkeys than deer.
3. I have utilized owl decoys to keep the turkeys away but they had minimal effect. I do have my deer feeders activate around 11:00 p.m. during the off season to help that big whitetail buck claim his territory. We all know the big deer move at night and this helps to make him comfortable to the environment. If interested, hog hunting at night makes for an awesome night hunting experience and your guest will love it.
4. When setting up your stand, remember that guests may accompany you deer hunting from time to time which is great. However, their shooting skills might not be quite as good as we would like. So I try to put my stand no further than 100 yards from the deer feeder and downwind as well so they will have a comfortable experience. Sharing your white tailed hunt with them will leave you forever honored in their memory bank.
5. Once your hunt has been a success, always remove your big trophy buck from the area before field dressing. Leaving behind innards and such will have a negative impact to the area by emitting unusual odors and drawing in varmints, encouraging deer to leave and avoid the area, possibly for several weeks.
Use these feed stations as an economical way to feed the deer found on different corners of your land or backyard.
These Feeders use a variety of different types of motors and made in a variety of shapes and sizes. This is the most common feeder used by hunters, and most motors will have a timer that will be used to seed the feeders to dispense at specific times throughout the day. Dispensing a variety of solid feed mixtures. They are typically made from Plastic or metal and boasts anywhere from 40 lbs to 300 lbs of feed.
lbs to 60 lbs capacity. Use these feed stations as an economical way to feed the deer found on different corners of your land or backyard.
With no electronics or moving parts to fail, a Gravity Deer Feeder offers unbeatable value and unmatched ease of use. Simply strap it to a tree or post and let gravity do it's job — no batteries, programming or assembly necessary. Feed Stations offers surprising versatility, dispensing a variety of feed types, from
These feeders use the same concept as standard automatic feeders, however they are a good bit smaller in size, and built to be easily transported & the ability to hang just about anywhere. Dispensing a variety of solid feed mixtures. They are typically made from Plastic or metal and boasts anywhere from 40
powders to corn to mixtures. that are usually made of durable, UV-resistant plastic construction, and boasts anywhere from 40 lb to 200 lbs + capacity. Use these feed stations as an economical way to feed the deer found on different corners of your land or backyard.